I’m still capturing up from the celebrations last weekend break, yet I intended to share 3 points pertaining to the occasion prior to progressing: the victors, the give thanks to yous, and also a couple of pictures.
To Begin With, the winning entrances!
The Exposition identified 6 impressive entrances with the complying with honors.
- Finest in Program: Ponderosa Pine by Randy Knight, $2500 honor funded by the Golden State Bonsai Federation
- Finest Conifer: Shimpaku juniper by Jeff Stern, $2000 honor funded by Robert Pressler, Kimura Bonsai and also Landscape Baby Room
- Finest Deciduous: Wintertime hazel by Andrew Robson, $2000 honor funded by Peter Tea, PTBonsai.com
- Finest Broadleaf Evergreen: Chinese Banyan Tiger Bark Ficus by Jeff Stern, $2000 honor funded by John Kim and also Michelle Hong, Joshua Roth Limited
- Finest Tool Present: Oriental hornbeam and also Japanese black ache by Jonas Dupuich, $2000 honor funded by Encinal Baby room and also Jeff Stern
- Finest Shohin Present: coastline redwood, Japanese quince, trident maple, Japanese maple, olive, and also potentilla by Jeff Stern, $2000 honor funded by the California Shohin Culture
You can find out about the evaluating procedure and also see pictures of these trees on the Exposition web site
When it comes to the give thanks to yous, Eric and also I can not properly share our gratefulness in a solitary pass so we’ll be saying thanks to very early and also typically. To the exhibitors, suppliers, site visitors, volunteers, location personnel, and also board participants, thanks for your payments! If the Exposition verified anything it’s that such an occasion can not occur without the payments of thousands of joyful individuals functioning in the direction of a common objective: to supply a positive area for individuals hang out with attractive trees.
We have actually begun creating a much more extensive listing of volunteers on the Exposition web site. I advise inspecting it out and also saying thanks to any individual on this listing for aiding whenever you obtain the opportunity.
Throughout the weekend break I had little time to take pictures, yet on one pass I caught several of the trees in the very first row in the direction of completion of the day when the light transformed gold. Below are several of the highlights.
Shimpaku juniper by Jeff Stern
Yatsabusa corkbark elm by Ryan Neil
Cork oak by Michael Roberts
Wintertime hazel by Andrew Robson
Shimpaku juniper by Benefit Manakitivipart
Prior to authorizing off, I intended to discuss a 4th product by addressing an inquiry that’s shown up a great deal today: yes, we’re preparing to do it once more!
Eric and also I are presently hard at the workplace preparation for the following Exposition, presently slated for Autumn, 2024. Really feel cost-free to allow us understand in the remarks listed below if you have tips for what we can do far better following time.
Register For Bonsai Tonight
New Posts Delivered Every Tuesday and also Friday