After I (Shane) first began making sourdough bread I used to be left with a lot left over sourdough starter and didn’t know what to do with it. I didn’t wish to throw it out because it’s nonetheless flour. Fortunately, I began to give you methods to create issues with it. I provide you with Spelt Sourdough Crackers!
These spelt sourdough crackers are really easy to make and are a good way to make use of your throw away sourdough starter. When feeding your sourdough starter, simply retailer the throw away in an even bigger container within the fridge and when you’ve gotten sufficient throw away starter you should use it to make wonderful crackers!
For a wholesome twist on crackers, why not make your personal and get monetary savings! These spelt sourdough crackers go so nicely with a aspect of hummus or some wonderful plant-based cheeses. Give it strive for your self and tell us how they prove.
- 1 Cup Entire Wheat Spelt | 120g
- 1 Cup Mature Sourdough Starter (100% Hydration) | 200g
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt 1 Tbsp Herbes De Provence (or Any Spices Of Your Selecting)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil | 32g
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix all elements. Combine and mix all elements till a easy ball is shaped.
- Cowl and place within the fridge for at the very least half-hour.
- When able to make the crackers, take out of the fridge and divide in half.
- Roll out every half as skinny as attainable into lengthy rectangles. (Hold the opposite half within the fridge till wanted)
- Lay every lengthy rectangles on a baking sheet.
- Spritz frivolously with water and add salt flakes or coarse floor salt.
- Bake for round 12 – 15 minute and ensure to rotate your baking sheet half means by way of.
- Bake till the perimeters begin to flip frivolously golden brown.
- Let cool for five minutes and place on a cooling rack.
- Break aside into items.
- Get pleasure from!
Add Salt Flakes on high simply earlier than baking!
Can Pre-Minimize the dough earlier than baking if you need extra uniform crackers.
Try our Instagram web page for updates: https://www.instagram.com/thinkplantbased/
Additionally, don’t overlook to strive our : MEXICAN BLACK BEAN BURGER | THE BIG BAD BURGER