Crape myrtles are a few of the most lovely shrubs you possibly can add to your backyard. Their colourful crepe-like flowers produce a shocking show all through summer season and fall and are available in a number of differing kinds. This text will discover the assorted colours of crape myrtle flowers.
What Colours Are Crape Myrtle Flowers?
Pink Crape Myrtle Flowers
Pink crape myrtle flowers create a brilliant, dazzling show. Crape myrtles are available in just a few shades of pink, together with brilliant pink and darkish pink. Like different pink flowers, pink crape myrtles symbolize affection and platonic and romantic love. Pink crape myrtles also can symbolize gratitude, playfulness, and eager for a deceased cherished one.
Fashionable pink crape myrtle varieties embody:
- Lagerstroemia indica ‘Fuchsia d’Ete’ – This number of the frequent crape myrtle has dense clusters of brilliant pink blooms. It flowers in late spring or early summer season and continues for a number of months.
- Lagerstroemia indica ‘Pink Velour’ – This cultivar is derived from the frequent crape myrtle. It produces brilliant pink flowers from summer season to early fall. The leaves change from a maroon shade to a greenish-purple all through the season.
Purple Crape Myrtle Flowers
Purple crape myrtles add prompt affect to any backyard in the course of the summer season. The flowers are available in wealthy shades from violet to deep purple or maroon. Like different purple flowers, purple crape myrtles symbolize magnificence, the Aristocracy, and royalty. Purple crape myrtles also can symbolize grace and honor.
Some purple crape myrtle varieties embody:
- Lagerstroemia indica ‘Purple Magic’ – This compact crape myrtle cultivar shows brilliant purple ruffled blooms from early summer season to fall. The purple leaves flip shades of inexperienced and yellow in the course of the fall.
- Lagerstroemia x ‘Purely Purple’ – This beautiful cultivar comes from the acclaimed Black Diamond sequence. It has brilliant purple flowers and reddish-purple leaves that darken in the course of the season.
Purple Crape Myrtle Flowers
Purple crape myrtle flowers are a placing horticultural assertion. These varieties produce vibrant purple flowers starting from scarlet to reddish-purple colours. Purple crape myrtle flowers symbolize want, ardour, and romantic love. Many additionally produce fantastic scents throughout summer season and fall.
A number of the finest purple crape myrtle cultivars embody:
- Lagerstroemia indica ‘Whit II’ – Also referred to as ‘Dynamite’, this cultivar was the primary purple crape myrtle to be developed. This selection produces charismatic crimson blooms all through the summer season.
- Lagerstroemia indica ‘Purple Rocket’ – This frequent crape myrtle selection grows rapidly and flowers for a number of months. It erupts in summer season and fall, producing plenty of deep purple blooms.
White Crape Myrtle Flowers
White crape myrtles add a way of magnificence and magnificence to the backyard. Like many white flowers, white crape myrtles symbolize innocence, purity, and rebirth. Within the language of flowers, white crape myrtles symbolize devotion, honesty, and lasting love.
Listed here are some lovely white crape myrtle varieties:
- Lagerstroemia x Natchez – Crape myrtle ‘Natchez’ is an especially common hybrid selection. It’s derived from Lagerstroemia fauriei and Lagerstroemia indica. It produces pure white flowers all through the summer season.
- Lagerstroemia x Acoma – ‘Acoma’ is one other hybrid crape myrtle that produces dazzling white flowers. It’s a compact selection that blooms from late spring till summer season.
When Are Crape Myrtles in Season?
Crape myrtles get pleasure from a lengthy flowering season from late spring till fall, relying on the range. Most crape myrtle varieties flower between July and September. These crops can flower for 3 to 4 months, making a long-lasting show. Crape myrtles rising in hotter climates normally flower sooner than these in colder areas.
Crape Myrtle Flower Colours FAQs
What Shade of Crepe Myrtle is Finest?
The most effective crape myrtle shade varies relying on what you need in your backyard. Crape myrtles are available in varied shades of pink, purple, purple, and white. Completely different cultivars have been bred in a number of colours, so there’s at all times a crape myrtle that may fit your area.
Do Crepe Myrtle Flowers Change Colours?
Crape myrtle flowers might change shade as they fade. Crape myrtle leaves additionally change shade as fall progresses. Throughout the winter, crape myrtle bark is a lovely characteristic that peels off to disclose varied colours.
What’s the Prettiest Crape Myrtle?
Crape myrtle ‘Natchez’ is broadly thought to be one of many prettiest and hottest crape myrtle cultivars. It shows lovely pure white flowers all through the summer season.
Crape myrtles are beautiful shrubs and small timber common throughout the US, particularly within the South. These flowers are available in a number of shades of pink, purple, purple, and white. Crape myrtle leaves additionally are available in a number of colours and alter shade all through the rising season.
For extra, see our in-depth information on rising and caring for crape myrtles.